Monday, June 29, 2015

Menu Plan Monday - 6/29 - 7/5




It's been awhile since I've menu planned. As a result, my stockpile in my pantry and my freezer has run amok. I've got stuff in the back of the freezer I don't even know about, some of my pantry stockpile has expired and we've gone out to eat on several occasions simply because I don't have the energy to cook come dinnertime or I forgot to take something out to defrost.

This just proves how integral it is to our family that I menu plan. In addition, my husband was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol - something that unfortunately runs in his family. As a result, we've been making changes here and there to what we eat while we're at home.

Monday - Ground turkey American chop suey

with red peppers, broccoli/cauliflower and whatever other veggies I can hide in it. I also sneak some beans in my chop suey - sometimes I'll put some drained kidney beans or I'll smash up half a can of chickpeas. It makes the sauce creamy and thick and the rest of my family has no idea.

Tuesday - Sauteed shrimp naan pizza

I use the 90 calorie Flat-Out wraps as my base and my husband uses wheat naan bread. We add sauteed red peppers and onions and a bit of Sriracha for a kick

Wednesday - My husband's away on business so my sister and I will probably have breakfast for dinner - our favorite go to when hubby's away.

Thursday - Chicken quesadillas

with reduced fat cheese, avocado and sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms. I make my chicken in the crockpot. Drop a couple of large chicken breasts in a slow cooker along with a jar of salsa. Set it low for 7-8 hours and then you can fork shred it in no time. I keep leftovers in the fridge for sandwiches, salads and tacos for lunch later in the week.

Friday - It's the 3rd of July and I grew up participating in every single Fourth of July festivity available in Bristol, RI. This includes the Bristol Fourth Fireworks! Therefore, we'll probably head out to dinner near Bristol so we get prime seating for the fireworks display.

Saturday - Fourth of July cookout; we'll be bringing a dish but it's currently to be determined. Any suggestions!?

Sunday - Every year my in-laws throw an enormous Fourth of July bash. We'll be heading to their house and will spend the majority of the day there.

My Daddy and the girls at the Bristol Fourth of July Parade in 1991. Nicole on the left, me in the! middle and Stephanie on the right. Happy Fourth of July!!



Want to start menu planning to help save time, money and stress at supper time? Use my menu plan template.




Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest  



No comments:

Post a Comment